Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Road Accident I

There I was... with the sun scorching above my head, the road giving way to the shadows of the clouds as they drifted above from the force of the gale. Me and my friend were cruising on the motorcycle... in a manner that is appropriate to cruising on a motorcycle, and to the extent to which cruising on a motorcycle is possible. Then we came to a place that was made with wide roads paved with fine stone, and no pot holes to disrupt the flow of traffic... there was also a roundabout which added to the beauty of the place. Therein that place the traffic was less and that was not in defense or clifton or any other such place where one might presume the traffic to be less... nay, that place was in saddar, the busiest place one can expect to be. As we came across this place, it dawned my mind the driver to not follow the rules and regulations set down by the authorities about roundabouts and follow the prevalent customs. In accordance with the customs, I cut the road straight... making quickly for the desired road rather going around the roundabout so as to save 2 seconds and precious fuel. While crossing, I was very careful to look both forward and to my right to ascertain whether any car was headed in our direction or not. But fate is a cruel mistress and as she would have it, a speeding vehicle (a suzuki highroof to be precise) came at as from the left. Luckily, my friend saw it and told me to apply the breaks and the it would have appeared that we were saved. But as fate had transpired, the motorcycle and the vehicle collided only to result in the exchange of a polite banter which was quickly broken was a donkey cart whose path was blocked by the vehicle. This is not the accident you see, for this just what happened physically, mentally is where the real accident happened. A part of my subconscious was bugging me with vain and useless thoughts and all the while there was a shadow on these thoughts. This loathsome part of my mind got hit by the vehicle instead of me I presume for it may have been thrown in the vehicles path when the brakes were applied and subsequently died a bloody death... It was there that I regained part of the time that I had lost and was able to regain a peace of mind... thus the accident saved my soul from the devil himself.

So is written the first in the line of the many chronicles that will be written here after about how my soul was saved from the devil. Each will be titled according to the event by which it occurred and in the order of there occurrence in the future.

No comments: