Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Labelled for Nothing

It started raining around the time of iftar... beautiful... but this is not about that... its about the message I got after iftar... it was a one word message, from my younger brothers friend... he's kinda like my friend too - but since he is younger, I can't actually reveal the true me to him - that not being the point... the point being the content of the message.

The message simply stated 'muftay'  and naturally I inquired as to the location and timing to the alleged mufta being organized some where in the vicinity of the neighborhood... it turned out I was being accused of being at one... and I was like 'whaaaa...', upon subsequent inquiry I found out that I had been allegedly spotted at the iftari at the neighborhood mosque...

Upon more inquiry, it turned out that I had also been spotted at the sehri at the mosque as well, a few days ago (the menu was actually tempting that sehri... it included kunay ka ghost, phirni, til walay naan, and coke...)... I was actually thinking of going since I had learned through reliable sources that around mid-nite the management of the mosque would be serving refreshments from a gourmet bakery, and after that the people praying in the mosque will be able to choose freely from among the different varieties of tea available (doodh patti, green tea, and kashmiri chai) ... unlimited refills...

But the point is, I did not go... in fact I have not been to the mosque since jummat-ull-wida... all of these allegations being levied on me are baseless...

On an unrelated note, '10 books the screwed up the world' is a good read... even though it is a conservative book

2 comments:

Furree Katt said...

maybe it was someone who looked like you :O did you clear up the confusion?

quartertoinsane said...

nope... forgot to da that...