Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

It happen on the second day of eid...

The first day was as usual, namaz, relatives, food yada yada... the usual family-relative stuff... Sadly, I only got a total of 300Rs. for eidi... thats less than what my nephew made and hes just 5yrs old... Doesn't age count for anything in this day and age!!! Of the 300 that I got, only 200 were usable, one of the 100 rupee notes was a fake. I knew it the instant I got the damn note, but I couldn't say anything... in my aunt's opinion she was giving me a brand new note.

The second day was fun... I got to lock a niece in a carton... no pics of that, I could be in trouble if  evidence of such incidents existed... it was just like the time when I shut a nephew in a bagona (enormous enormous pot...) mainay bhe sab bachon ko 10 10 rupay eidi dee...
The shock of the day came when after picking up a friend, while on my way to the Karachi University (friend lives near there) I filled up my bike from a petrol station near Expo Center... A full 100Rs. worth of petrol (that is a fortune, mind you, for a poor person like me) ... I cross the university and poof my bike dies... lo and behold, the fuel had run out!!! The petrol station wala cheated, and that too on the day of eid... reserve tha, warna pata nae kiya kartay...

Aaj ka bhe koi plan tha, but I feel lazy...

3 comments:

Furree Katt said...

the petrol station cheated us too :x

Tazeen said...

That's really bad. =/

And so sad to know you got fake Eidi.

quartertoinsane said...

@furree: dey did that alot it seems...

@tazeen: sad it is, bt nt that much