Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Lesson Learnt

The day I joined the Chartered Accountancy profession was the saddest more pitiful day of my life... The day I passed the first module of the said professional examination was an even more appalling feat... My whole trip down this professional road was a sad and depressing experience. When I left the said fucked up profession I was depressed or on the verge of depression (I was never really depressed something that I realized later on)... When I joined the CA profession, I lost all contact with social life (I managed to make quite a few friends during college) since I did not have time for anything else other than "studies". Still you could be friends with the people in the CA profession, but it got boring. You talk about the same old things, and in the end the only thing that you can talk about is your course material. The course is droning, tedious, and very meticulous... There was no room for creativity, in fact most of the teachers and the administration worked to utterly decimate any creativity that they saw... For people who are familiar with the CA profession will know that people in this profession are tools, they are not just any tools, they are the very definition of the word tool (I still have some tool-ishness left in me, its quite a burden in some social gatherings). Of course they have parties and seminars and conferences in fancy places, but its lifeless and boring, unless your into technicalities of accounting and finance. So, where was I, Oh yea... so, no social life just studies and that too I was failing (Of course I was failing, instead of solving the past papers and practice questions I was trying to kill the Templars or reading about Demons or listening to songs or watching a movie or just sleeping...) so when I left the profession I was relieved and felt alive... then I went on to waste about a year of my life (I didn't technically waste it per say, but it was not as productive as I would have liked it to be... I completed my bachelors degree in that year ) so yea, I joined another wing/leg/stream/part of the same profession rebuilt part of my social life... its still under-construction, I am missing some vital contacts... you know a couple of go-to guys.

The lesson learned from that dark experiences in CA were simple...
1. Chartered Accountants can lie, they are pathological lairs... its part of the course curriculum (if some CA or CA student says they can't lie, they are lying)
2. Frauds and financial nitpicks are no big deal, they can catch thefts in a snap... (they also steal money just as easily) yes, its part of the curriculum...
3. They are people and just like other people in "professions" CAs too think that the world revolves around them...
4. Their skills are not limited to the 'afore mentioned three...

No comments: