Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A summation of Me

To see the world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower
To hold infinity in the palm of my hand
And eternity in an hour...
              - William Blake

جو عقل میں سما جاۓ وہ لا انتہا کیسا
جو مجھ کو سمجھ میں آجاۓ وہ خدا کیسا
             - Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan

Of all the books I scoured, the poems I read, the songs I heard... these lines, those words, they are etched into my mind better than all the rest... It is like reading myself, or rather more accurately what I want myself to be. I want to be content, with what I know and what I see... No more wanting, no more needs... That is how I want to see the world, that is how I want to see God...


PS: I made a little mistake with the urdu verses, just fixed that...

4 comments:

TayTay said...

Ooh I like this.. Powerful words (^^,). If only it were that easy to see the world like this.

Tay
x

quartertoinsane said...

thats the point, its hard...

PS: you couldn't have gotten the whole post, you just couldn't have... the other verses are in a script which is not even understood by our people...

Shreya said...

Loved the 1st quote. I can't understand urdu, I wish I could. :O

quartertoinsane said...

i can tell u the meaning of the individual words... bt a translation would ruin the beauty of the verse...