Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

How to end a chapter?

Reading a book is easy because the chapters end themselves. Life is a little more complicated. You cannot simply end a chapter, for in order to do that you must know where the chapter begins and then where the chapter should end. But more importantly, you must know how to begin the new chapter. I have been, for the past few days, thinking of ending a chapter in my life. I wish it were that simply. Usually, I simply end a chapter it is pretty easy. Moving on with it, starting a new chapter. However, this chapter that I am trying to end now, it has been going on for quite a while. Because of the length of this chapter, I had to cut short some other chapters; ones that I would have liked to continue for a bit longer. At whatever the cost this chapter I must end. Simply because, it has become too much about me there is too much of me in  it and not enough of the characters.

I write to gain a better perspective of my thoughts, but they are not coherent, clear or even understandable for that matter. I do not know how, all I know is that I must end this chapter.

This does not mean the end of the story though, as I heard someone say to someone else "kahani abi baqi hai mere dost" ... :)

You know what, I do know something I will definitely put in the last chapter. This line...
 "It's reassuring. To know there will be a day when I will be mine. And you will be fine."

4 comments:

TARIQ MIAN said...

nice and impressive write up.
well, darya ko koozay main band kerna tou seekhna hee peray ga na, otherwise it's end of story upon our own expiration.
waiting to see your concluding post and then moving on with writing about others.
you may visit my blog as a valuable visitor, of course-- dear.

quartertoinsane said...

good point :)

Zeba said...

I like this one. I am sure you can guess why. :-)

quartertoinsane said...

i have a hunch ;) :)