Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Solace of the Night

It has been a long long time since I enjoyed the quite of the night. The last I enjoyed it, it was almost half a decade ago. The quite of the night is not really quite, it is a sound rather a music that emanates from the heart of the city itself. I can hear the wall clock ticking away, cars and motor cycles in the distance, a few horns blaring, the sirens of the police car, then those of an ambulance, shots have been fired far away... then there are the dogs barking, a baby crying, a the sound of someone playing music. For someone new to the city it would appear that this is different city at night, but to me these sounds do not show a new city. These sounds are beating a harmonized beat, creating a beautiful melancholic music that is amusing all while it plays. In the day these sounds mesh together, not in chaos, but in a systematic way to produce unbearable noise. So, for the time being I will enjoy the quite solace of the night till sleep comes or the sun rises.

3 comments:

Zeba said...

A decade ago? Pray why? And that picture you asked me about. It was not deliberate. I always have only my table lamp on when I am writing. :-)

I do, I do. said...

Interesting!

quartertoinsane said...

@zeba: half a decade ago, 5 years didn't sound rite :D it was during college...

if thats the case, then you are gifted, if u write a book (which u will) take the cover picture urself :)

@ido ido: :)