Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Defeated

I originally titled this post infer. Not as in infer. But rather Infer, the competition being held in IBA. Maybe it was fated after all. The team would have won. It would have. But plans never do work the way they are thought up.It broke up. out of 5, 3 members backed on almost the 11th hour. A capable ad-hoc team was established that too would have won. But alas, we did not have time. I was not able to produce the presentation in time and thus that saying fits in. Once a king had a messenger take a message to one of his generals at war. The messenger did not pay heed to the fact that a nail on the horses shoe was loose. He rode the horse without any after thought to the consequences. On a treacherous path, the nail came off and was lost. For want of a nail, the shoe was lost. For want of the shoe, the horse was lost. For want of the horse, the rider was lost. For want of the rider, the message was lost. For want of the message the battle was lost. For want of the battle, the war was lost. For want of war, the kingdom was lost. I know this is a bit inaccurate, but its got the gist. Either way, my reaction was not quick enough. Just a little bit quicker and I would have been done with the presentation and then the competition would have been mine. At least I can turn chaos to order to now, an order that I like. But alas! a defeat. What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger. It will, I know that.

No comments: