Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

One minute at a time

"But you are mesmerized. You are going to die. This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." I read this somewhere. Where. I do not remember exactly. It was a beautiful place I tell you. Believe me you. Or not. Not would be a better option. You really don't have much reason to do that either. Its more prudent that way. I will come back to this in a minute. A quick review of the day. Banged my bike into a army truck on my way to work. The officer asked me if I was okay. I said yea. He says good, now scram. The day was somber. Biryani at lunch. Friday is always biryani day. Had dinner with colleagues. Friend called. I said scram. Rudely. Aggressively. I'll make up to it. I always do. I am losing my touch. It takes me longer to tap into people. To read them. But I am mesmerized. By what. By her beauty. By its beauty. There is not her. Nor an it. There is no time for either. Then what mesmerizes me. I wish I knew. I am going to die. Not now. We don't die early. We live longer than the average person. That is our curse. Life. It is ending. And one minute at a time. Every minute. I am mesmerized. By what. I want to know.

3 comments:

Hamza Bin Ladin said...

*Phew*
You want to know, is really mesmerizing.

M said...

"We don't die early". Touché.
It is never that easy to escape, now is it.We learn to make the most of what we have, be mesmerized while we still can.

quartertoinsane said...

@HBL: hahaha :)
@M: agreed. :)