Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sirs, Adieu

The last time you said I need to behave properly around you. I wondered and pondered. About how you had gestured. And how you had labored. To keep me away. Had all that strength. And Labor. And will. Been invested in something without ill. Songs would have been sung about you. Or at least a reputable mentioned made. You invited me to that social event. And I knew it was unmeant. Your company I liked. For there I could be. Me. But if my masks I have to wear. And my demons' form I have bear. In your presence too. Then sirs. I bid adieu. These powers of mine. I can combine. To earn some worldly profit. And thus I opine. I should assign. My presence. To worldly lords and tyrants.

4 comments:

Maryam said...

"But if my masks I have to wear. And my demons' form I have bear. In your presence too. Then sirs. I bid adieu"
Lovely.

quartertoinsane said...

thank you!

Lubaina E. said...

Awesomely written!

quartertoinsane said...

thank you!